Wednesday, June 20, 2007

AJ called last night - they were on their way to Zion National Park. They drove from here on Sunday to Yosemite, and spent the early evening, night and all day Monday there, and hiked the Glacier Trail. They left Yosemite early Tuesday morning and drove 600 miles to Zion's. They were still en route when AJ called, so I don't know what time they got there. They are hiking "The Narrows" today - weather permitting (no flash floods expected!?!?!?) Dad talked to AJ and he was having fun, I talked to AJ, and he started crying. Go figure! I told Ralph not to prompt him to talk to me anymore, wait until he asks to talk to me. Poor kid! He is still tired, and he probably won't catch up until he comes home.

Alli had a good horse therapy lesson Monday. She is now the only kid in the class, and they were ready and waiting for her when she got there. She had a good half hour of riding before she started getting tired. She still rode a bit after that, but they were watching for her to signal that she was done. What a change! The group is really working with us for this. I think they are doing too much for us, and should be charging us for private lessons, but they won't. I think we will have to start "contributing" to their fund raisers!

Alli has also been swimming everyday for a half hour or so - depending on my schedule. I swear I have to force her to go get her swim suit on and get in the pool, and then I can't get her out! Last night, I went swimming with her, and she had so much fun playing on me like I was a gym set! She loves for me to bounce her in the water, and then last night she found a new trick. I had my back to her, and she swam up to my back and started pulling me backwards, bouncing at the same time. She half drowned me, and laughed hysterically the whole time- she is mean! Ralph was laughing too - they are both out to get me! Ralph just told me it was her way of paying me back for all the times I pushed her into the pool. I don't think she moved in her bed after I tucked her in last night. She slept hard!

No comments: