Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's a three-day weekend, and I have a list of things to do a mile long - and most of them involve cleaning! We have company tomorrow for a BBQ, so I have grand ideas of cleaning all sorts of things before they come. Luckily, the company are friends, so if the cleaning doesn't happen, it will be okay! I also have flowers to plant in the front flower bed, and more cucumbers and peppers for the garden. I also want to get the dead grass pulled out of the front flower bed, and other yard work done in the front. Hopefully I will get all of the yard work done I want to.

I have a new project too - clean the guest house. We are going to have a "guest" for most of the summer staying in the house. Stephanie is an intern at the bank, and is working on finishing her thesis for her Master's, and the place she was staying will not be available after 7/1. Since she is only going to be in Redding until August, it was hard for her to find a place to stay (that she could afford) for just a couple of months. So....she will be moving in. I just have to clean up the house now! (She offered to help, and I may take her up on it.)

I am going to use this opportunity to get rid of a lot of stuff that is just stored out there, and I have no intention of ever using again. I may also have to store stuff (like my boxes of yarn and other craft stuff) in the garage so it doesn't get in her way. Those boxes keep multiplying - kind of like rabbits! I swear I have more yarn/thread than I need, but then I had to buy 3 skeins of yarn for the doll project. I guess there is always more yarn out there, waiting to find a home!

No comments: