Sunday, April 01, 2007

We have a new cat - her name is Lucy, and so far, she is a very nice kitty! Her owners are moving (15 day escrow!) and were not able to find a home for her in time. I worked with Jeremy, and told him if it came down to it, I would take her rather than have her go to Haven Humane. She likes to sit next to me - not in my lap - which is very nice, as I get tired of picking cat hair out of my thread when I am crocheting! She also jumped up on the bed last night to sleep with Ralph and I - unfortunately, Henry came in later to sleep with us, and he was not amused! (neither we Ralph and I with a hissing fight going on at 2:00 a.m.!) She seems to be a nice, low maintenance cat so far, but today is half-off day at the vet clinic, and all three cats and Jasper need their shots. It could be a busy morning!


AJ finished basketball season - finally. He didn't try out for baseball because of his knee, and now that his knee is feeling better, he wishes he had tried out! I don't think it is fully healed yet anyway, so I am glad he took one season off. He is growing up so fast! He is already taller than most of the kids - and he started shaving! Just he mustache, but he is shaving! (What happened? - I know I'm not any older than I was!)
Alli had her first baseball game yesterday. The only camera I had with me was the 35 mm, so I will have to wait for pictures to get developed to add any pictures of it. She is doing much better this year. She may even be enjoying it a little bit more - hard to say. AJ helped me with her, and actually that left me able to help some of the other kids. Each player needs a "buddie" and most of the buddies are the parents. One father is there with 4 of his (8!) kids and 3 of his grand kids play on the team. His kids ran out of parental buddies! This year, some of the Little League teams are there helping as buddies too. It is quite fun to watch the kids work together. The LL kids will "catch" the ball, but somehow manage to drop it so their buddie can pick it up and throw it in. One little guy ran to third when he hit the ball, and his LL buddie was running after him yelling at him that he was going the wrong way. It is just a lot of fun!

No comments: