Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Just trying to get back into the swing of things! It takes the first day back to work to get caught up with just the e-mails I get during a week of vacation! I did finish up my pillow while I was on vacation. I just need to get pictures taken and posted. It turned out very nice! The best part is Alli seems to love it. I am constantly having to track it down and put it back on the couch after she goes to bed. It is very soft and fluffy - her favorite kind of pillow!

I recently joined a new Yahoo group that is focused on thread crochet, and am participating in a "challenge" project - which is interesting. You get one project a t a time, and you have to finish it and post a picture of it before you get the next project. I have to admit, the first project is not one I would have chosen to do, but it has already "pushed the envelope" of what I usually do, so it is probably a good thing!

One of the people in the office yesterday commented on my shawl I keep there (Seraphina's Shawl pattern, done in black with Caron's Simply Soft). Anyone in my office can use it when they get cold from the air conditioner, and S. was using it constantly while I was on vacation. She said that everyone now thought of it as hers! I offered to make her her own, and she seemed to like that idea. I am taking in a couple of other shawls I have made to give her ideas for what she wants. She wants "fluffy" yarn, and the Seraphina Shawl is better with a smooth thread. We shall see!

No comments: