Sunday, April 02, 2006


I finished the baby afghan! It took a lot less time than I thought it would, and it turned out very nice! I ended up doing it all in white. I think it would be nice with a border of pink or blue, but Joanne's didn't have the pink in stock when I wanted it, so it stayed all white. I took it in to work to show off, and everyone liked it. I am teaching (trying to anyway - she started real lessons with someone else, but she sees me everyday, so it is easy to ask me something) someone from work to crochet a baby blanket for her soon-to-be first grandchild. She was impressed with the afghan, and the time it took to make it!









I also have started bookmarks and plastic easter egg covers. I need at least 8 of each, and I have 2 bookmarks and 4 eggs done. I need these by the 12th, so I should have plenty of time to finish them. I keep trying different patterns for the egg covers, and I will probably have all 8 done, just trying patterns out! I still have to put tassels on the bookmarks, but they work up pretty quickly too!

Once again, it is raining! Yesterday, it cleared up for a minute, so I sent AJ out with his dog Jasper for a walk, to get him away from his computer games, and to give her a little exercise. They weren't gone but 10 or 15 minutes, and it started pouring. By the time they got back, they were soaked. They ran all they home, so they both got some good exercise at least, and Jasper got a bath! I am afraid to send him back out again today, even though it has cleared up for a few minutes (again). AJ has three baseball games scheduled this week, and Alli has one on Saturday. The 10-day forecast has rain everyday, so we may not start baseball yet! One of these days, we will have baseball here, but it will probably be a short season.

No comments: