Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I am trying to catch up with myself. This week is a blur - it is already Wednesday night! I knew this week was going to go by quickly, but - Wow! I have gotten in late from work every night so far, and that just really makes the time fly. AJ had Scouts Monday and Tuesday night, and again tomorrow, with baseball practice running until 5:45, and I had a nail appointment (Me Time!) tonight, so I have been in late.

Today at work was a stresser day. It went well, but I stressed before hand big time. I facilitated a meeting for all the Loan Administrators, and it was the first time in a couple of years that they all got together, so I didn't know what issues were going to be brought up. (Of course they were supposed to e-mail me anything they wanted on the agenda, but that never happens, so I wasn't surprised to have only my items on the agenda!) It went well, so I have a day or so to relax. Friday, after our monthly staff meeting, I have a training session scheduled, and then a 90 day review to do for an employee. Why did I sign up to be a supervisor? It wasn't the pay, so it must have been something else! I remember...it was because people we supposed to listen to me when I tell them how things are supposed to be done correctly! (That doesn't work either!) As it is, no one listens to me! (They say they listen, but I know they are just humoring me!) I actually have a great group of people, with minimal "supervision" required. They just need me when something goes wrong, and they don't want to deal with it.

AJ and I worked with Alli a little bit tonight. Friday is her first day of baseball practice, and we are working with her to throw and try to catch a baseball. Ralph worked with her yesterday to hit with a bat. It will be her first time in Little League. Locally, they have a "Challenger's League" for the Special Needs kids, but we haven't participated before. Supposedly, they assign a helper to each kid, and the "help" they play baseball. Both Allis' teacher and Special Ed PE teacher encouraged us to put her in the League, so will see how it goes. Wish us luck!

No comments: