Sunday, May 20, 2018

Busy, busy, busy.....that's what it feels like around here.  Time to slow it down a bit I think!  Between helping Margene pack, move and drive back to Georgia, the last couple of months were busy!  Then I had to play catch up at home once I got back - the yard missed its spring cleaning.  I think we are back to as normal as we get now.  

There is still drama though - as usual.  Ralph's kidney functions have declined dramatically, and he spent the 10th of May in the hospital due to symptoms of kidney failure.  He has an appointment to have a catheter implanted on the 29th of May, and once that heals, will start at-home dialysis.  That will help many of his current symptoms, once it up and rolling, but for now he's pretty miserable.  In the mean time, he can't get around much, so can offer limited help with Alli, the house or the yard.  (though he did get some of the sprinkler heads replaced for me yesterday.  By the time I got around to them, it was HOT outside and I decided to wait until the morning....procrastination paid off!)

Since it was hot outside, I spent the afternoon sewing.  Here's the very first block of a new quilt I started.....


The quilt is "Batik Sampler" through The Quilting Company, and is a block a month project.  Unfortunately, they didn't have the material when I signed up, and they ended up sending 3 months at one time, so.....I was behind before I started!  Here's the final quilt...I have a ways to go, I think.



No comments: