Saturday, November 25, 2017

Okay - once again, I got busy and didn't post.  That means you get a large selection of photos....kind of random ones, too.

Since this week was Thanksgiving week, we had several people out of the office during the week (including me for one day!!) on vacation so we had Jackie's birthday potluck last Friday (her birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year).  OMG we had so much food, it felt like Thanksgiving already!  We had lasagna rolls, sopa toscana, chili, cookies, birthday cake, pulled pork sandwiches, salad, rolls, and breakfast burritos to start it off right,  We ate all day - jut a build up for Thanksgiving, I guess.  Our little extra desk area at work was packed with food!


Margene and I were pretty good about getting out for a walk on the weekends (at least until she went to Georgia for Thanksgiving) and the trees in the neighborhood are gorgeous this time of year.  My trees out front are pretty in the spring and summer, but in the fall, they just turn brown and fall all over everything (and the neighbor complains, etc.).





I've been busy working on Christmas presents, so please act surprised at your present if you read this.....

I neglected my garden this year - I had a hard time getting it started, and pretty much gave up on it.  The only thing that really produced were the peppers.  (My tomatoes finally started producing right as the cold weather hit.....)  Since I don't use a ton of jalapeno peppers, I had three or four plants full of peppers that turned red.  Margene and I harvested them, and she took them home to pickle.  With her hectic schedule, she didn't get it done before she left for Georgia, so she came down last week and helped me pickle them.  

We decided to do this at 5:00 p.m. on a Saturday - I spent an hour chasing down pickling spices in town - who knew I was going to need them???  By 10:00 that night, we had a dozen jars of pickled peppers.  Not bad!


I found a pretty cool pattern for flannel scarves - the flannel in the stores for Christmas comes in such cute patterns!  Here's one that I made for Margene, along with a pair of decorated gloves.  This is before I washed it - the fringe frays in the wash for a really nice look.  She couldn't wait for me to wash it and took it home herself to wash and pack.....


No comments: