Sunday, October 22, 2017

Last weekend, I got a request for a couple of hats - sock monkey hats - they turned out pretty cute!  The pattern is here.  They worked up pretty quickly, especially since I made the first one too big and had to re-do it.  I may have found a home for the too-large one.  If not, it can stay as a sample in my hat box, or it can be donated too - they are really cute!  

I even added to my collection of tools.  The hats need pop poms on top, and I picked up some pom pom makers.  If I had known how much easier they were to make with the proper tools, I would have gotten them earlier!  I picked up four sizes of Clover Pom Pom Makers - I'm set for a while!!


And so it begins - the Christmas season / handmade presents season has started.  I ran into a former co-worker at the grocery store after work Friday, and she commissioned a small afghan (though I was tempted to turn her down just because she asked me to make her a 'blanket' rather than an afghan - heathen!)  One more project on my to-do list......

No comments: