Sunday, September 24, 2017

One of the Yahoo! crochet groups I'm on started a new challenge - a doily a week from a book called "99 Little Doilies".  So far, so good - I have the first two done, and the third one on the hook.....but it's due by tomorrow, so, we'll see.  The doilies are all by one designer, who puts a lot of texture in her doilies - a little different than the usual doily.  I haven't picked up thread for a doily in a couple of years (and actually finished the doily), so this is a good change of pace for me.  




Speaking of a change of pace.....I babysat Nicholas last night.  It's been a couple of months, I think, since I saw him last, and he's really picking up speed in his language.  (He was delayed in a couple of areas, speech being one of them.)  He is chattering up a storm now, not that I can understand him or anything....

I sewed up a toy bag for him, and threw in some new cars, and he was a happy camper part f the night.  He had a bit of a fit when Mom AND Dad left him (Chris drove Malorie over to the play that she's in and came back for a little while, and then left again to go see the play.  The second time he left threw Nicholas into a tizzy.)  We had a fairly long episode of unhappiness, but once he got through that, we had a good time.  His favorite movie right now is Cars, so we watched that a few time through.  He didn't go to sleep until after Mom and Dad got home, so hopefully he sleeps in for them this morning.  (I got in bed after midnight, and Alli did NOT sleep in for me.....)

Here's Nicholas playing with his new cars, trying desperately not to go to sleep.....


No comments: