Sunday, August 06, 2017

We had our annual family camp out last week - sans most of the family!  Jeff and two of his boys went up camping (Kody was his no-show, since he happens to still be on his honeymoon....) Friday/Saturday/Sunday.  Kirby and I drove up Saturday to visit. That's a nice way to camp!!!  We had a nice drive/chat, lunch at camp, a couple of walks around the lakes, a chat with the boys and Jeff, and then a nice drive/chat home.  It was a great break in my routine - just what I needed!  

This was Kirby's first trip up to Plaskett Meadows, and she was expecting the lakes to be a bit bigger, I think.  I'm sure part of it is from all the stories she's been told from the boys' annual camping trips over the years. When you're 6 or 8, the lakes ARE much bigger!  (Jeff keeps telling us we can't call them lakes - they are too small!)

I got a great photo of the egrets at Elk Creek.  I always stop there on the way up to camp (and sometimes on the way back too....) The rocks are just so cool there!


Some shots of Upper Lake





One of Lower Lake - 


I had to be creative in my photos of Lower Lake - we had a large group of kids follow us down to the lake with inner-tubes and floats, and I had to be careful not to get them in the photos.  They had come up to go swimming in Upper Lake, but there were quite a few people fishing, and they didn't want to disturb the fish, so went to the Lower Lake.  They were very concerned that we were trying to fish too, since Kirby, Jake and I were just hanging out, talking, across the lake from them.  We assured them they were in no danger of interrupting our fishing - they were having a blast in the water!  I got this shot just before they hit the water - the reflections are cool, and once they were in, the water wasn't nice and still anymore.....

And some of the flora and fauna




No comments: