Friday, July 21, 2017

Vacation is almost over......I took a quick trip over to visit Cindy in Chilcoot, and we drove around the Sierra Valley and surrounding mountains, talking the whole time, I think....

These are from Frenchman's Lake, which is bout 10 minutes I think from Cindy's.  We went there Tuesday night, just after sunset. 




The next morning, we drove around and visited places like Beckwourth, Graeagle (great ice cream!!), Portola, Loyalton, and a lot of lakes!  We stopped at Sardine Lake, and found that there are two Sardine Lakes - Upper and Lower.  Upper had a ton of people swimming and playing, while Lower had a few boaters - no swimming allowed.    Both are nice lakes, but Lower had the best view.....even through the smoke from all the surrounding fires.


I even managed to get a picture of one of Cindy's outdoor pets.....(not really a pet, but they are everywhere there!)  When I got up Wednesday morning, I saw a coyote outside my bedroom window - between me and Rachelle's chicken coop.  Luckily, he shooed when I yelled at him - he was a bit too interested in the coop!


On the way there and back, I stopped at the Vista Point above Hat Creek.  I found the PCT marker (mounted a bit sideways, I think....) and got a couple of shots of Shasta and Lassen.





No comments: