Saturday, February 11, 2017

I took a long weekend off from work this weekend, planning on going up to work on Mom's house, but....I had an offer from a friend to go up with me next weekend, and he'd bring his work trailer and help me move - an offer I couldn't pass up, so...I am taking a weekend just for me!!!  I took Friday and Monday off from work, so I started Friday off by putting Alli on the bus at 6:00 a.m., had an extra cup of coffee (like I needed that!) and worked on my quilting project a little bit, took Koori in for a bath at 9:00, ran around town (oil change for the RAV, misc. shopping, etc.) and then lunch with Meredith.  We decided to go for a walk after lunch, and went to the Sundial Bridge to look at the river. Wow!  The river is very high.  I knew that it was, don't get me wrong, but seeing it up close and personal made the recent flooding very real.  There have been several areas around here that were damaged by floods with the recent rain.  







This is as close as we could get to the turtle pond on the river walk.  The water was flowing over the path.


The turtles seemed to be doing fine though.





No comments: