Sunday, January 01, 2017

Happy New Year!  I'm not the best for making New Year's Resolutions and sticking to them, but it is a time of the year to reflect and make a conscious decision of things I want to do in the coming year.  Not that they are resolutions, but....in 2017 I want to:

  • Travel more - take advantage of the RV and respite services and go camping, etc.
  • Quilt more - I haven't touched my quilting in over a month - time to get back to it
  • Crochet more - I said last year that I wanted to do more thread crochet, but didn't do much - this year I would like it to be different - I haven't made snowflakes in a couple of years, and I miss them.  I haven't made a doily in probably 3 or 4 years, and I love to make them.  This is my doily year!  (just kidding - I want to make a couple of doilies, but what do I do with them after I make them???)
  • Keep better track of what I do make :)

These are all personal items - I'm not going to add all the things that I "should do" or "have to do" to the list - they are the things that keep me from accomplishing my resolutions!

Here is a sample of why I don't get more thread time - the latest craze is the "messy bun hat" - and I got hit up by everyone at work for one.  Luckily, they don't take a ton of time to do, and I've been having fun playing with the different yarns and patterns.  Some of the patterns I used are herehere, and here.  



No comments: