Sunday, October 02, 2016

I finished my quilt-top!!!  Woohoo!  This one was an easy one to put together, but boring.  I love how it looks though - well worth the boredom of sewing strips (forever...)  I picked up backing material yesterday, so once I get caught up on my quilt for Quilt Club, I can get started quilting it.   


I ordered a foot for my Singer Featherweight to help me do more 'fancy' quilting, and it came in yesterday.  I definitely need to practise before I work on a real quilt.  I started playing with a quilted potholder last night, and the videos make it look so easy!!! Luckily, it is just a potholder.....

Book club was last week, and we read The Last Child by John Hart. I should say "they" read it - I didn't get very far in it.  Not because it wasn't a good book - I just didn't, and I don't really know why.  I asked someone that did read it for a suggestion for a bookmark, and......they got a feather!


Book club book for next month is "Love Warrior - a Memoir" by Glennon Doyle Melton.

No comments: