Sunday, July 17, 2016

Another camping trip!!!  I met Cindy at Butt Lake Thursday afternoon, and stayed a couple of nights up there.  Beautiful!  I like it better than Butte Lake (and it's easier to get to!)  We got, by chance, the perfect camping site.  When I went to reserve a site, there was only one left - #49. It was perfect!  It was almost the last site on the loop by the lake, and was directly on the water.  This was pretty much my view from the campsite.




A couple of steps from the site, and you had this view.  Cindy and I just dropped our kayaks here when we finished kayaking - perfect!  (The site next to us were also kayakers, so we shared....)

  

We had a visitor sneaking in one evening.....can you see her?


Can you see her now?


I logged over 18,000 steps Friday on my pedometer - Cindy and I went on several walks around the area.  This is on the way to the boat ramp from camp.



Nighttime on the lake....



I'm getting better at backing a trailer, but still needed help to get the trailer and RV in the site (I can't see the Trailer in the RV mirrors - next upgrade is different mirrors).  Bummer, but the couple across the road from me were terrific.  I got out to assess the situation, and she volunteered her husband (a tow truck driver for 35 years!) to park it for me.  He took a good look at it, had his teenage daughter direct him (I don't think he needed the help, though) and put it in perfectly.  Whew!!!  Campers really are the nicest people - at least the ones that are at the more remote sites.  Everyone there was great - lots of kids riding around on bikes and scooters, playing in the water, etc.


Some of the local wildlife......






Cindy and I got in a couple of good kayaks.  The first day, we put in in the afternoon, and it was a bit choppy.  The next morning, it was like glass.....

We spent the morning on the lake, and the afternoon shopping in Chester.  



This is the remains of a telephone pole....

  

No comments: