Saturday, June 25, 2016

I did it again - got busy, and didn't post.  The good news - I have tons of pictures of what I have been busy with!  I'm going to post separately for my kayak and road trip - these are just the 'normal' busy things......

While I was camping at Hat Creek, I ignored my garden.  I came home to HUGE zucchinis.  Luckily, they weren't too seedy - at least the one I ate wasn't.  One went to Margene, and the other was spiralated for dinner.  


Here's my harvest from the other day - more zucchini (normal size this time), a pepper, an eggplant, some tomatoes and a round zucchini.  The garden is doing well - last night was a stir fry with my beans, zucchini and tomatoes, along with other veggies from my box from Churn Creek Organic Farms.


I recently taught Margene how to crochet net scrubbies, and she wanted to learn to make the dishcloths, so she started shopping (on-line) for yarn.  She got a little excited and ordered ME a bunch of cotton yarn and netting.  I got this package shipped directly to my house:


Book club this month was Margene's pick, and she was planning on having it her garage - until the temperature spiked.  She had it at my house (with air conditioning!) instead.  The book was The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom (good book!) so this month, instead of bookmarks, I made "kitchen things' - washcloths and scrubbies - and used some of the yarn/netting from Margene.  Here are some of the combinations I came up with.  While the ladies were here, they rearranged to their satisfaction the combinations of dishcloth and scrubbies - evidently my choices weren't the best......


One of my fortune cookies - I told AJ it should have been his!


From a couple of our walks recently.....

 


Just to show I've been busy!!!

No comments: