Sunday, May 15, 2016

I got a new quilt kit yesterday - A Walk in the Park!  I'm hoping it is as easy as it looks to put together - I love the colors in it.


I also started a baby quilt for Julie - David's daughter (step daughter??? Whatever you call it, she's been part of the family since she was a baby)  She's due the middle of June with a baby girl.  If figured I needed something fairly quick, since I waited so long.

Here's my color choice critic......


And here's the paperwork critic telling me I need to do the paperwork first before I get to play......


And here's the quilt up on the project board.  The pink boarder strip is just there as a filler.  I don't know what I'll use for the border, but I had that in my stash and thought I'd try it out.  I did manage to use a lot of the colors from my stash - I only bought the main butterfly fabric, and three fat quarters (so far at least!)  Not too bad!


I also finished up a crocheted cotton grocery bag for Margene!  I made one similar for myself for my kayaking bag.  I needed something to hold my camera and 'stuff' in the body of the kayak so they stay out of the water, but I also didn't want them to disappear in the kayak either!  It worked okay last trip - not the bag's fault. I need to work on the logistics of filling it.....


No comments: