Friday, April 08, 2016

Margene and I took the kayaks out last night after work - the first kayak trip of the year!  It was in the low 90's yesterday here, so the temperature was perfect - but it was a bit windy at the lake.  

This is from the Marina - we started to put in at our normal launch spot, Brandy Creek, but the access was locked!  Even worse, I started to pull in before I realized it was gated off - and I was pulling a trailer with the kayaks!   I have a new personal first - backing up a trailer.......and after several tries (okay -LOTS of tries!) I got us turned around and we headed to the Marina.  The parking lot was almost empty, so there was lots of room for me to park there (without backing up...)



Considering this is 'in' the Marina, the water is already pretty rough....

The geese are sitting on nests all over the islands.  There were a few out, but most were on land.  We probably saw 20 nests, just from the water....











I guess you would call this 'red neck wine and cheese on the lake'.....





We got back to the truck as the sun was setting.  By the time we got out to the highway, it was dark.  What a great "after work" treat!


No comments: