Saturday, August 01, 2015


It's been eventful around here....

Around Mom's house:

The roof is repaired;
I have a painting contractor to paint the garage, part of the house and the bathroom;
The RV has been hauled to Redding and is in the repair shop to replace the engine.

I still need someone to fix the gate, the roof on the woodshed and the green house, and the fence/rock wall.  David said that he thought he and Jeff could do that....we'll see.  Jeff is coming up to Susanville in a couple of weeks to help around there - pressure was things, etc.  I also need to go up and get a storage place and 'de-clutter' the house.  We are well on our way to get the house on the market soon!!!

My house:

A landscaper is drawing up plans to landscape my yard to reduce water and maintenance;
The tile contractor will be here is a week to clean, re-grout and seal my kitchen tile grout;
Alex is registered for Chico State.

Whew!

Added to that, Alex and I went on a moonlight kayak tour on Whiskeytown Lake Thursday night (not quite a full moon - but close enough!  The full moon was Friday,)  I didn't take any pictures (water and cell phone/camera - not a good mix) but AJ had his Go-Pro and has promised me some pictures from it.  I'll load those when I get them. It was well worth the sleep-deprived day at work the next day - we got home around 11:00 p.m., and Alli was up at 4:45 a.m.  I was yawning at my desk all day!

Alli's daycare sent me this picture of her - they were playing with bubbles and she was laughing and giggling.



No comments: