I'm not happy. Not happy at all.
I finished the baby quilt I was working on, and decided to make something for 'big sister' so she had a present too. I remembered making a Topsy-turvy doll for Rachelle years ago, so I dug out the pattern. Here's one side of the doll:
Pretty! She still needs arms and a face, hair, etc., but the basic body is done. Then the other side:
Not so happy now. The dark blue yarn seems to be a different gauge than the light blue, even though they are the same brand. Even if I add more rows to the light blue side, or take some rows off the dark blue side, the other color is going to show. I don't remember this being so noticeable last time....
I think I'll just stop where I am, and try something else. I think I could modify the pattern a bit so that it worked, but by the time I ripped everything out and fixed this one, it would be faster/easier to just start over. Bummer.