Tuesday, August 04, 2015

I'm not happy.  Not happy at all.  

I finished the baby quilt I was working on, and decided to make something for 'big sister' so she had a present too.  I remembered making a Topsy-turvy doll for Rachelle years ago, so I dug out the pattern.  Here's one side of the doll:


Pretty!  She still needs arms and a face, hair, etc., but the basic body is done.  Then the other side:


Not so happy now.  The dark blue yarn seems to be a different gauge than the light blue, even though they are the same brand.  Even if I add more rows to the light blue side, or take some rows off the dark blue side, the other color is going to show.  I don't remember this being so noticeable last time....

I think I'll just stop where I am, and try something else.  I think I could modify the pattern a bit so that it worked, but by the time I ripped everything out and fixed this one, it would be faster/easier to just start over.  Bummer.

No comments: