Monday, May 25, 2015

Not as many things crossed off my list yesterday as on Saturday, but a few.  I did determine that a program for mastering Excel will run on the PC (it wouldn't run on my laptop - bummer - much more convenient).  I also got the laundry done, a lot of an afghan block completed, and I started putting my quilt together.  Here's how it's looking:


I have 12 blocks to put together, each with a black or brown border, with an hourglass block at each of the corners between the light tan sashing fabric..My back was already stiff from yard work on Saturday, so by the time I cut out fabric, I decided not to do any more yard work yesterday.  I spent most of last week hobbling around after hurting my back last weekend.  I don't want to repeat that again!!!  I need to do the yard work today though - I have chicken wire to put around the garden and around my flowers to keep Luna out of them to put up.

Malorie had her baby this morning!  Nicholas Graham is the recipient of the blue quilt that I made, along with the diaper bag and various other items.  I'm still working on his afghan.  The block I am working on now is really cute, but has a lot of color changes.  That translates into "Deni has to count every single stitch or else she has to rip out every single stitch.)  Another way of saying it - I could have done three other blocks in the time it's taken me to do this one.....

No comments: