Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I had all sorts of ideas of what to do with yesterday - a beautiful day off, but.....plans changed.  I was still productive, I just didn't get around to some of those things I had planned.  I did take advantage of Ralph watching Alli for me and picked up fabric for a new baby quilt - the same log cabin design as the last baby quilt I made, but in blue.  I worked up one block yesterday just to test it.


I like it!  I'm still not real comfortable with the color/fabric choices, but it should work out okay.  (Babies don't mind, I know!)  My borders will be the dark center color, and the next color on the right - a light blue with stars.  We'll see what speaks to me when I choose the backing - that's a while off, I'm sure.

I also made a hat yesterday, using the softest yarn I have ever felt.  It is Bernat's Pipsqueak yarn - a baby yarn.  It is a chemo hat, so I wanted soft - and is it ever soft!  It's not that much to look at - but to feel it......wow!


No comments: