Saturday, November 01, 2014

What a week!  I feel like I say it every week, but this one was killer!  Work was especially busy, so add in Halloween activities, and it is even more especially busy!  This is the first year in a long time I did not dress up for work, and the first year ever that I didn't carve a pumpkin.  Here's the department at work all dressed up:


And one with me in it.....


Ralph was placed on medical stress leave a week ago Friday, and is seeing a therapist for depression (along with medication that he's been taking for about 3 weeks, I think).  He's off for a month on leave - I hope it helps!  We did meet with a financial counselor as well - just checking to see if Ralph can retire soon.  (One more thing added to my busy week).  I'm also in the midst of refinancing our mortgage, and, the plumbers came in and took out the defunct water solar panels (and in doing so, flooded part of the garage).  I also baked cookies for Allison's classroom and made soup and garlic bread for a pot-luck at work.  Whew!  I'm off today to help Meredith finish moving,  They need to be out of the house this week, I think.  They (we?) moved the big stuff last weekend and I'm sure she's been working on it during the week as well, so hopefully this will be the last of it.  They do have a cleaning person coming in, so we don't have to do that part.

Here is why I get a few typos in my blog.  (Not that I need a lot of help)  Indy must sit in my lap when I type, and he kind of overflows my lap.....


Alex shaved!!!!  The bank is running a fundraiser for Men's Cancer Awareness - the men that chose to participate all shaved yesterday (or today - I'm not that clear on the details) and then the women in the bank get to vote (each vote costs $1.00) for their favorite beard.  Here's Alex:


No comments: