Monday, August 25, 2014

Yesterday was "travel day" for AJ - we left here at 2:30 a.m. to drive to San Francisco (and missed the earthquake in Napa!)  Usually, that drive takes 4 to 4 1/2 hours, so we left with some extra time, just in case.  Because it was Sunday morning, and so early, it only took us 3 1/12 hours.  Lots of extra time to kill at SFO, as his flight was scheduled to leave at 10:45 (I thought it was 10:00, so we were early because of that too!) as we got there at 6:00.  We met up with Brennan, the other student from Shasta, at 8:45, and sent them off through security.  I got a text from AJ at 10:30 that said everything had gone good through security, boarding etc., and they were just waiting to take off and not to text him back, he was going to turn his phone off.  When I got home (at 1:30 - a lot more traffic, so it took the normal 4 1/2 hours to get home) I checked the flight tracker, and they didn't take off until after 12:00.  I hope he caught up on his sleep - nothing like a 13 hour flight with over an hour delay added to it!  I haven't heard from him yet - He should have landed around 1:00 a.m. our time, and it is now 9:30 p.m. there - I'm sure he has been busy!  I did send him a message on Skype, and I think he called me back, but I got a 'phone call failed' message (I have no idea what I did to break it - I swear!) when I answered.  This is a case of 'no news is good news', I'm sure (at least I'm pretty sure!)

No comments: