Saturday, June 07, 2014

Alli's second morning of summer vacation was a little bit better - she woke up at 5:40 - so I got to sleep in a bit.  Woohoo!  Tomorrow is a different story - this is the weekend for Relay for Life, and I'm walking at 5:00 a.m. out at the college.  That means I'm up very early!  Then, tomorrow night, we're going to baseball game for the Colt 45's - the local college/semi-pro (I'm not sure which) team.  The game starts at 7:30, so it's going to be a long (and hot) evening - but fun!  The "new" bank president had the bank buy season tickets for the local team, and offered the tickets to staff.  Meredith, Chris, Ralph and I are going Sunday night - which will make it a lot of fun.  

I "almost" finished the giraffe last night,  I ran out of embroidery thread for the spots - just a few more needed on the head.  I find it easier to sew them on before I stuff the parts and sew them together, so.....I have the body all done, and the head almost done (and I don't knot anything off until I get the whole thing put together - just in case!).  That leaves the tiger, monkey and elephant to do.  The monkey and elephant just need to be sewn together, and the tiger will needs some strips added to it.  The end is in sight!  (Yes, I know, I still have a million leaves to do, and get them sewn on to the tree, but.....the animals will be finished!)  I don't think I'm going to make it by Elora's birthday.  I still have Steve's quilt to finish before 6/29, bookmarks for book club, and I'm off to Susanville next weekend.  I'm sure I'll get most of the things done - maybe,,,,,,,



No comments: