Sunday, June 08, 2014

According to the app on my phone, Dawn and I walked over 14,500 steps, and 6.7 miles this morning between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. for Relay for Life!  Woohoo!  Our team "Support Bankers Raising Awareness" - aka Support BRA - (I didn't name it - really!!!) raised over $4,000 for the American Cancer Society.  Double Woohoo!  Check out our shirts.....


(I didn't wear mine - I needed a bit more coverage for my support bra.)

It was 82 degrees when I left my house at 4:15 a.m. to go pick up Dawn - good thing we were walking while it was cool!  It was a little bit cooler at the college - 79 degrees.  It is supposed to be 105 today.  Ralph switched us from swamp cooler to air conditioning yesterday evening - it's too hot for the swamp cooler to cool anything down - we just get hot and humid.  There is just something wrong about the AC coming on at 9:00 a.m. though.

Since it was so hot yesterday afternoon, I sat on the couch and watched movies and worked on my crochet project.  I have the giraffe done, and I only need 6 more leaves!



Today is quilting - if I ever get around to starting.   I'm doing laundry, etc. this morning, and got a late start due to the Relay.  I think I just have vacuuming left to do, and then I'll be ready to start sewing.

No comments: