Sunday, February 02, 2014

Here are a couple of the baby things I made.  The rattle has a couple of bells in it, so it jingles.  It is also supposed to be a sheep, but it turned out more like a bear this time.  I've made the pattern several times, so I don't know what I did differently this time, but.....at least it is still cute.


This is a cute little button-down bunting with a matching hat.


I did finally get  my wall art up in the office.  These aren't the best pictures, but.....it's done!



I stayed up late last night, finishing a book (and of course, Alli was up early!  Go figure - I have to wake her up at 5:30 for school, but yesterday and today she was up at 5:00 all by herself.  She knows!!!!)  I definitely recommend it - Jewel by Bret Lott.  Maybe I'm biased, but it about a woman dealing with a daughter with Down's Syndrome - born in ~1944 (They called it Mongolian Idiot at that time) and her struggles to keep her daughter at home, educate her, and even dealing with her future when she is old.  It deals with her relationships with her husband, all her children and their relationship to their sister, the South in the 40's and 50's, California in the 50's and 60's.  A very good book - worth staying up late to finish - I think.....we'll see if I can make it through the day without a nap.

No comments: