Thursday, January 09, 2014

Today is Alex's 21st birthday.  Wow.  He's all grown up.  I know I thought I was all grown up when I was 21 - I had gotten married just a couple of days before, so I thought I had it all when I was that age.  Another Wow.

Allison got up this morning at 4:30, so I changed her and tossed her back in bed, threw the dogs outside, and then went back to bed for a cat nap until the alarm went off at 5:00.  I think 'cat nap' was a misnomer - there was a cat that wasn't napping while I was.  Between the time I let the dogs out and when I got up again, 'someone' had gotten into my yarn and literally had a ball with it.  (I know it was after I let the dogs out, or I would have tripped on it!)  It had been behind the couch.....


around the table......(and you can see the culprit)



and into the dining room......


 The yarn that is wrapped around the skein is the amount that was pulled off of it.


The yarn is a gray with a silver thread in it, and is part wool.  That it is part wool is the only thing I can think of as to why Indy dug this out to play with.  I had it in a plastic bag tucked away in my cabinet.  Go figure!

And talk about best laid plans....since we are back into the school routine, I was planning on getting Alli on the bus, jumping in the shower and heading to work early this morning and try to catch up on the stuff on my desk.  When Alli walked up to the bus this morning, the bus door wouldn't open.  There is evidently an electrical short, and that bus is sitting in front of the house, waiting for a replacement bus.  When it shows up, I'll take Alli back outside and put her on the bus, and then I can got get ready for work.  Now I'm just hoping I won't be late for work, much less early!

No comments: