Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Yes, I did get the gutters cleaned out just in time - it started raining last night after I got in from work.  A nice, soft gentle rain - I love it!  I always love the first (and maybe second) rain, then....I'm usually done.  I do remind myself that I should appreciate the wetness after the dry hot summer, but I'm always 'done' with the rain long before the rain is done around here.  I think what I miss the most is the color - we have had such a beautiful fall - the leaves have been on the trees for a very long time.  The rain will soften all those colors - leaving everything a drab brown until the spring green comes out  (which is early January for us - so not too long to complain, really!)  I do enjoy the start of each new season, the spring green, the summer heat, the first cool days of fall, the first rains.  But then, I'm ready to move on to the next.  Deep breaths and enjoy - my new mantra!

No comments: