Sunday, November 24, 2013


What a week!  I think I last posted Tuesday morning, and since then.....

Tuesday night was scouts - we're running two different fund raisers right now, so I need to go in to take money, and All is going with me.  That meant a late night for both of us Tuesday.  I had made a big crock pot full of spaghetti sauce Tuesday morning, so I boiled up some raviolis for dinner, and off we went.  Once again, Alli spun and walked in circles the entire time.  The adults are getting more comfortable with her, and are asking me more questions about her (the kids never seemed to feel uncomfortable - they've always been pretty open about asking about her.)

Wednesday night was book club (yes, they loved the bookmarks!) and it fell close to Leona's birthday, so she had talked me into bringing my ice cream machine and making her ice cream for her birthday.  That meant that Tuesday night after scouts, I was making the base - buttermilk ice cream - tastes like cheese cake - yumm!!!  Wednesday, I picked up Alli from daycare and ran home, changed clothes and threw everything into the RV (in the rain!) and got to Leona's by 6:00.  Whew!!!  The book this month was great - The 19th Wife - a story of faith and the (fictionalized) history of polygamy in the Mormon church.  (Yes, it covered the history of the Church, but it was still a novel...)  I got in from that around 10:00, and then had a nice chat with AJ until after 11:00.  (I loved talking to him, but....sleep would have been nice too.)

Thursday was nails night, so...once again, I was late getting home.  Since Friday was a birthday at work, I stopped at the store on the way home, too, and then put stuff together for Friday.  I made a big crock pot full of chili, baked a cake, and whipped up chocolate mint ice cream base.  I did manage to get to bed at a decent time, but.....the winds were whipping outside and I didn't sleep well at all!  I think we had higher wind than Susanville did.

Friday morning....Alli woke up with heavy eyes and a runny nose.  She didn't have to be up for more than a few minutes before I was calling Transportation and telling them to cancel her bus - she was staying home sick.  I stayed home with her, since Ralph is back to work, and he isn't up to dealing with Alli completely yet (he's okay for a few hours, but not a full day of  her.)  Now what am I going to do with a crock pot full of food, and the birthday cake????  I ran everything in to work early so they could enjoy the day at least.  Alli and I spent the rest of the day napping and watching TV.  (The only time she cuddles with me is when she doesn't feel good - I was a baby perch most of the day).

Needless to say, Saturday morning, I woke up with a sore throat and a runny nose.  Thank you Allison!!!  I dosed myself up with Dayquil and powered through the day.  By afternoon, I was pretty much done with my chore list, and ready for a break. seems that Pirates of the Caribbean was running a marathon....perfect! I did get a snowflake made while I was watching, if that counts.  We had the leftover chili for dinner, along with fresh cornbread.  Another dose of Nyquil, and my cold and I were off to bed.

I think Alli is feeling better today - she is still snuffling, but she seems pretty alert.  I know I feel better!  Hopefully it was just the one crummy day.  I still have a few more items on my to-do list for today to get done.

No comments: