Monday, July 22, 2013

Mom's gonna be so jealous!  I went picking blackberries last night!  Of course, we went at 8:30 p.m., and it was still 95 degrees out there, but.....it was so worth it!  It was full dark by the time we left, so these pictures were taken with my cell phone at 9:30, and it was still hot!!



I didn't measure how much I got, but quite a bit for picking in the dark.  We were actually using our cell phones as flashlights before we finished.  (Emma has a great flashlight app on her phone!)

The moon was just coming up when we got there - I don't know if you can see it in this photo or not, but it was so pretty!

Emma found a fairly large praying mantis while we were there too - not to mention tons of spiders.  No mosquitoes, thank goodness.  I think the heat killed them all off.



I also finished up my quilt squares for my class yesterday.  I'm very happy with these - still not perfect, but so much better than the last quilt.  I may not ever finish that one!


No comments: