Saturday, June 08, 2013

I'm stealing a few minutes - I should be in the shower - or Alli should be in the shower, or something.  I haven't posted all week.  I have been good though - I've been getting on the treadmill after Alli gets on the bus and walking for a half hour.  Today isn't a day that I want to sit out on the patio and enjoy the morning with my cup of coffee anyway.  It was 84 degrees here at 5:30 this morning, and the wind is blowing.  It is supposed to reach 111 - 113 today - depending on who you ask.  I asked Ralph to switch from the swamp cooler yesterday to the AC when I got home and started cooking.  It was 109 - the swamp cooler and ceiling fans just don't cut it anymore!

Mom and I are heading off to Sacramento today to visit relatives.  When Mom called to invite some of Dad's cousins to her birthday party, she found out that they were moving to South Carolina (at least I think that is where they are going!)  They weren't gong to be able to come up to visit before they left, so Mom and I are going down.  We are also going to stop by and see my ex-sister-in-law and my nephew(s) while we are down there.  What a scorcher day for a drive!!!  


The first true harvest from the garden - Thursday night I picked a mess of beans, zucchini a squash and an eggplant.  Half the harvest went down to the neighbors.  I can't believe it is the first harvest and I'm already trying to get rid of zucchini.  It's going to be a long summer!!!

Redding's Relay for Life is the weekend.  I asked for the 5:00 a.m. walking slot, thank goodness!  Dawn and I are walking from 5:00 - 6:00, and then from 7:00 to 8:00.  Our group - Support Bankers Raising Awareness - raised $3,695.00.  Pretty good for us.  It helped that the bank offered the chance for a day off for anyone who donated.  the put your name in the game once for every $5.00 you donated, with one winner at each office.  Since the last I heard, our amount was around $2,700, we got quite a few donations from our co-workers!  Our team shirts:



No comments: