Friday, May 03, 2013

Lord help us - I'm on my third cup of coffee already, and it's only 6:30!  This week has been a whirlwind, and it isn't done yet.  I have a largish project waiting for me at the office today (it started yesterday afternoon with a phone call - "Deni, I have two questions for you - one is, "How long will it take for SBA loan documents" and the second is, "How long will it take for SBA documents if I send chocolate too?"  I'm holding out for wine, actually.)  After work, I'm meeting up with Meredith and Emma, et al, for "Phantom of the Opera".  A friend's daughter is in it, and they invited me to tag along with them.  Fun!

Since Alli's birthday is Sunday, and I have not been home much the last two weeks, I sent a note to school yesterday saying I was going to bring in treats on Monday - would they prefer cupcakes, a cake, cookies or what?  The response - "You're such a flaky mom to just now be telling us this, that we already have it handled - we are having cupcakes on Friday".  That is NOT what they said, but that is how I read it - I feel like a flaky mom!!  They actually said that they were having fun planning something for Alli - she is such a sweet girl and they all love her, etc.  I still feel like a flake!

Last night, I had a retirement dinner (one of my favorite people at work, too - bummer!!) after work.  It was at one of the 'fancy' Italian restaurants in town - Nellos's - love it!  The food (scampi) was awesome, the service awesome, and we all got a carnation at the end of dinner (standard for the women guests, I hear.)  I got in around 8:00 to find Alli already crashed on the couch.  Poor baby - she was tired!  The note from school said she had a blast at the fishing party.  There is a nice write-up in the paper today about it.  She definitely was tired enough to have had a blast!  Since she isn't a fisherperson, she probably spent all day under the trees twirling to the music - not to mention drinking sodas and eating chips.  They had hot dogs too, but given her choice, I'm sure chips and soda won.

No comments: