Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm being invaded by ants!  Saturday afternoon, AJ came over and asked me if I knew there were ants all over the kitchen counter.  Did he really think I would be messing around on the computer if I knew there were ants in the kitchen?  Of course I didn't know there were ants in the kitchen!  Ralph added to this by stating that he had noticed and had gotten rid of some of them earlier (trying to protect me - he knows I hate ants!).  Further investigation showed I had the tiniest ants I've seen on my kitchen counter.  They were probably after water since they were mostly around the sink (but didn't turn their noses up at the few crumbs left by Alli's crackers).  Yuck! I eradicated those in the kitchen and have been keeping vigil ever since.  Sunday when I did laundry, I discovered they were in the pile of towels in the garage - also after water as they mainly were on the wet washcloths (these were a larger type - the standard black garden ant).  Again, Yuck! A quick trip in the washing machine got rid of those.  Then, after lunch, I grabbed a cutting board in the kitchen.  Yes, once again, ants.  Yes, once again, yuck!!  On the bright side, so far this morning, I haven't spotted any.  Maybe they'll stay outside???  Ralph made sure the sprinklers were working, so there is water outside for them, really!!!

On the plus side of being bugged, I was looking at my roses from the kitchen, and realized I probably needed to check for aphids on the new buds.  When I went to check, I found that I did have aphids, but....I also had ladybugs!  The aphids are under control!


No comments: