Sunday, May 12, 2013

I didn't get to go to my quilting group yesterday (I had Alli with me, and she was way too active to sit for an hour quietly) but, as a consolation prize, I found a new pattern book of baby booties at Wal-Mart.  These use thread, and are so cute!  Here's the first pair that I made - I still need some ribbon for the top - I'm out!


I also made my first attempt at a design for a bookmark for our book club.  The book this month is "The 13th Tale" - very good!  I'm pretty happy with what I ended up with - I'll probably make them in different color combinations - we'll see!  I think I have until the 22nd to get them all done.



Mother's Day cards and presents were waiting for me on the table this morning.  The kids (i.e. Ralph!) got me another fairy for my collection - beautiful!


Alli made me a key chain in school - complete with a thumb print on the front.  this one even looks like one she did some of the work on! - too cute!



Speaking of Alli - I made her cry yesterday.  I didn't mean to, and I didn't know I could!  I had met up with a co-worker in the grocery store parking lot, and while we were standing there talking, Alli was spinning.  Then, she just took off running......in the parking lot......on a Saturday morning....  Luckily, there was no traffic at that exact moment.  I 'used the mommy voice', including both her first and dreaded middle name, and.....she stopped, turned around, and her lower lip started to quiver.  By the time she came back, there was a tear rolling down her cheek.  Poor baby!  I'm just glad she stopped as quickly as she did!  She recovered quickly, trust me.  She was a pain in the store - always in someone's way (usually mine!)

No comments: