Monday, May 06, 2013

Alli had a good birthday - lots of food - her favorite!  We started it off with eggs and waffles for breakfast, and then when I fixed breakfast for the adults, I added sausages and hash browns to the waffles - Alli came back for her second breakfast - she does love her hash brown (and sausage, and waffles....)


Then, it was time to make the birthday cupcakes.  As usual, Alli was supervising.



She wasn't that interested in decorating the cupcakes.



But she did enjoy eating them!



The second cupcake was eaten with a bib on - much easier to clean up after!



Mom came down for the weekend, and I put her to work.  First, I took her shopping - at Orchard's for plants.  This is the back of the RAV.....



Then, she helped me put them all in the garden area.







There are petunia's along the back fence, and snapdragons scattered about.  Mom brought down two of the tiniest plants I've seen - we had to mark where we put them so they didn't get stepped on.  She assures me the the flax will grow and be a beautiful plant - maybe not this year, but next.  I hope I can keep them alive that long!  

She also brought down two crepe myrtle trees that I didn't plant yet.  They may not survive for the simple reason that they look like sticks, and you know what happens to sticks at my house.  "Someone" already pulled them out of the planter once.  I hope they live long enough to put on leaves - just so they don't look like a stick!!!

No comments: