Thursday, April 18, 2013


The week has once again slipped away from me - I really mean to post at least every other day.  Sometimes, life just doesn't cooperate!

AJ had his first chorale performance at the college last night.  The concert was "a Gospel Concert", and covered a lot of history as well as music.  They had a power-point presentation running before the concert started with photos and facts about gospel.  Veronica is in town for work, so she and Meredith joined me at the concert, and we had a nice chat.  We are meeting up for dinner tonight, along with Ralph's boss.  Should be fun!  (Ralph gets to stay home with Alli!)  It's been a while since I've had a chance to chat with Veronica (and with Meredith to be honest!)  The concert was fun - they had a guest performer Dr. Diane White-Clayton.  She has a phenomenal voice - not my usual style, but very fitting for the style of the concert (jazzy/bluesy, etc. - too much improv for me - I admit, I'm a purist!)  I got a kick out of watching the accompanist for her - he was having a great time all by himself, and watching him watch her for his cues - amazing.  There was so much talent there - not just the guest performer - the local soloists were great!  AJ has one more concert this year - sometime in May, I think.

AJ had a meeting with his guidance counselor on Tuesday - he needs 5 more classes to get his AA. His counselor is having a hard time figuring out what his AA is in - I think they ended up with
Humanities with an emphasis on life sciences.  Usually, kids with a Humanities background don't have the Chemistry and Physics classes that he has.  He is planning on applying to Chico State for the Spring Semester next year, with the goal of a degree in communications (hence the AA in Humanities), emphasis on broadcasting.  He is also checking back in with my friend that works in Public Radio for possible (volunteer) experience.  I even broached the idea with Veronica last night for him to stay with her and go to Chico.  I'm not sure tht is going to work out, but....it was an idea!

Tomorrow, the Relay for Life Team from the bank is selling hot dogs and sodas from 1:00 until we run out.  Tomorrow is "The Cruise" on Churn Creek and Hilltop for Kool April Nights.  Dawn and I have the 1:00 to 2:00 shift.  The bake sale they had a couple of weeks ago raised over $1,000!!  Hopefully, we do well with this - all the foods were donated, so it should be a good fund raiser for us.




No comments: