Friday, April 05, 2013

Mission accomplished!  Last night, I made truffles and baked a cake (butter pecan - I had never seen this cake mix before - sounded good!).  This morning, I frosted the cake (butter cream frosting - yum!), packaged up my truffles for the bake sale, and put a lasagna in the oven for a pot-luck today.  All before 6:00 this morning!!! Dawn brought by some goodies for the bake sale yesterday too, so hopefully there will be lots of money raised for Relay for Life today at the bank.

Here's our offerings:


A close-up of some of the truffles.  I rolled half in chopped almonds, a quarter in powdered sugar, and a quarter in cocoa powder.  


Then I put four truffles in a cupcake holder (red with little white polka dots - too cute!) and put them in a pretty little bag, tied off with a ribbon!  I had almost enough white ribbon with little red hearts on it to do them all, but...not quite.  One got a red ribbon (that's all I had of that ribbon, too) and two had plain old white ribbon.  I need to restock my ribbon supplies!


Here's the cake for the birthday girl today:


Ralph is off work today, and if the weather is decent, he is going to finish up putting the garden beds together.  I'm off Monday and Tuesday, so I can get the dirt moved this weekend, and.....depending on the long range weather forecast, may even get some plants in the ground.  I know better to plant this early, but...I'm anxious to get started.  Mom was thinking about coming down, but I haven't heard for sure.  I'll put her to work designing the garden if she does!

No comments: