Monday, March 25, 2013

Progress on the garden(s)!




This year, I'm giving up on my garden area in the corner of the property.  Maybe if I spray roundup on it for a few years, I can kill the grass, and then can use it as a garden area.  No matter what else I have done in the past, the grass always grew through.   In the mean time, Ralph is building me some raised beds - on concrete so I only have to pull the weeds that come in the soil.  What a thought!  He got one bed completely ready to go yesterday, and the bases set up for the other two.  The soil is being delivered today, along with extra to add to my flower bed(s) up front.  AJ and Dallas are on Spring Break this week, so they might even get the soil put in the beds for me!


Tank was checking it out too.

In the mean time, Picot was 'helping' again.  Every time I turn around, she was on my afghan.  Good thing Kandis has her own cats - she'll never notice a little extra kitty fur!


And it's official - I'm halfway through!  I think the second half will go a lot faster than the first half.  I corralled my yarn (now that I only have a few colors) in a bag so it is easier to change directions, and the top half has a larger area of unbroken color - much faster to crochet.  I'm really liking the afghan - I can hardly wait until I do those eyes - they look so cute in the picture!


This week should be a little calmer on the home front - last week I had after-work activities on Tuesday, (scouts) Thursday, (nails) and Friday (wedding shower).  In between, I had to get stuff ready for the shower, since I was a co-hostess.  I also had a ton of meetings at work - on Thursday alone I had three separate meetings - not a lot of real work got done that day, I assure you.

I did get most of the things on my to-do list for the weekend crossed off.  Since I woke up with a migraine yesterday, I was impressed!  The only thing that didn't get crossed off was to wash the RAV.  Since it is supposed to rain this week, I'm okay with that.  (I think that means I didn't put enough on the list to start with.)  And, yes, I compromised - I had on my list to work on the garden - I didn't actually do anything - Ralph did.  I also wanted to go out and clear an area in the 'real' garden for some tomato plants, but...didn't happen, and I wanted to do some work in the flower beds, but...didn't happen.  Maybe next week.  Maybe not!

No comments: