Monday, March 11, 2013

I got one project done over the weekend that I wanted to finish - always a plus for me!  I picked up the next set of material for my quilt on Saturday, and got the center portion of it put together.  Now, all that is needed is the edging strips (and the backing and the actual quilting, etc.).  I have the material for two of the strips to add - one strip of the yellow and one of the pink.  The 'finishing' strip that came with the pattern is a dark blue that has the other colors in it, but.....I don't like it as the finishing strip.  My 'plan' is to have it ready as a wedding gift, so I will do that last wide strip and the backing in a color more fitting to the bride's color scheme.  We'll see!  For that, I have to go to the quilt store and pick out a fabric - out of the hundreds they have!  Indecision 'R' Us! 



I talked AJ into a bike ride yesterday - not too long, just around the big block - along Churn Creek and Meadowview.  I tried to talk him into a longer ride, but he had plans.  (Watching the Walking Dead with the Fishers)  I did manage to ride up the hill all the way - no walking this time!  My next goal is to do a double loop (easy!) and then just keep expanding on that until I feel like a real bike rider!

No comments: