Monday, February 04, 2013

The puppies and I took a walk before the game yesterday - it was beautiful out!  The dogs had a great time running up and down the creek (and had to stay outside when we got home because they were wet!! Koori actually lay down in a couple of the puddle on the way back (not enough to go swimming in the nice clean(ish) creek!)  Walking the three dogs at once down to the creek was a bit tricky.  Coming back, they were all very well mannered, but the trip there was a different story.  Of course, that's because we met three different sets of people - and Jasper wanted to see them, Koori wanted to hide behind me, and Tank wanted to bark at them.  Thank goodness two of the dogs are trained to sit on command (we're still working on Tank).  Everyone thought they were "just the cutest" (while I was trying to unravel myself from three tangled leads).  Good thing they are cute!




What I did during the Super Bowl:




The official name is Cu-pig, and is supposed to have a bow and arrow and a scarf of made of hearts, but....I think she cute just as a flying pig.  My manicurist collects 'flying pigs', and has a birthday next week.  I think this can go into her collection!  The little tail is so cute!  I wasn't real happy with the wings.  I think if I ever make one again, I would change the wing pattern up.  The rest of the pattern is awesome!  The ears are crocheted as you go, and have a nice technique of making them nice and perky, and the legs are shapes as well - not the norm for most amigarumi animals.  Very nice (and it was free!).

I found a cute little unicorn pattern to make as well.  I have most of a unicorn (all but three legs and the horn) made from a pattern I found free on the web, but I really don't like how it is turning out, so if I finish it, it will probably be as a dog toy (like that last toy giraffe I made - Koori loves it!).  I got the pattern late yesterday, so will probably start one this week.  We'll see how this one turns out.  I'm not usually satisfied with my stuffed animals - I'm not the greatest at 'adding character' to the dolls, and they look a little flat to me.

No comments: