Monday, February 18, 2013

That will teach me to make a to-do list on a holiday!  I need a break!  Alli doesn't 'get' sleeping in on days off, so 'we' were up at 5:30 this morning just like every other school day.  Since I was up, I might as well get started!  I got the walls in the bathroom washed down, 5 loads of laundry done, the freezers cleaned out, a shopping trip in to town that included Costco, Wal-Mart, Sew Simple (the quilt store) and Michaels,  We even ran through McDonald's as a treat for Alli for lunch.  After we got in from the shopping trip and ate lunch, Alli took a nap, and I worked on my quilt!

The new quilt is an appliqued quilt, and I haven't done that before, so....I made up a sample before I tried it on the 'good' fabric.  I had to dig out the cams for the Singer and figure out how to use them.  I did find a few more bells and whistles on my machine I didn't know about in the process, so it was all good!  Here is the first applique from the machine:


It's a good thing you can't see it up close.  The first edge I tried was the small circle - i should have saved it for last.  I took the sample in to the quilt ladies today to get their verdict - and it passed!  A few suggestions, but passable!  So....I came home and put all the quilt blocks together.  Now I just need to sew them down.


I took a couple of pictures in Susanville - one being the sunrise on a chilly Sunday morning:


Later that day, Mom and I wondered out in the back and looked at her trees.  She still has patches of snow, and one of the patches had the cutest bird tracks in it.  I never really thought of birds as being heavy enough to leave tracks in the ice - snow, yes, but ice?  




No comments: