Saturday, February 02, 2013

It's the weekend, and no big projects to be done.  Randa was here this week, so my house is still clean(ish), I finished the doily for Mom, I finished several projects while I was on vacation, and I'm not quite ready to jump into some new projects I'm researching (raised garden beds, chickens in the old garden area, etc.) so, what to do, what to do?  The funny thing is, The more you look for fun things to do, the more things find you that you really didn't want to do.  Yes, I can sort through things in the garage (and I need to, I know) and yes, I can clean things that Randa doesn't, but....what's the fun of that?  I want something new and fun to do!  I think what winter blues I get are here!  Even AJ is looking for something for 'us' to do.  (He is convinced that we are all going for a bike ride today, including Allison - we'll see!!)

A project I'm considering is this quilt:  Flower Fairy quilt.  Here's a picture of the panel:


My favorite fairies - in a quilt.....Yes!  But....I found this pattern when I was looking for a baby quilt pattern for a co-worker.  She is having a little girl, and is decorating in a "fantasy' theme - fairies, unicorns, etc.  (But no princesses - she said she's not going to raise a princess.  Didn't we all say that???)  This quilt is great for me, but for a baby girl?  I may end up making this one just for me (what a thought!) and then continuing on my search for a little more 'girly' quilt.  They show a panel of fairies in pink at this site, but....they don't seem to have the coordinating fabrics now, and I have a hard time maneuvering around - I don't see a price for the pink - does that mean it isn't available anymore?  More research is needed (or at least more research done when I'm not falling asleep - it was a long week, and I found this last night!)

We are one step (but an important step) toward a finished project in the guest house.  We have a toilet!!!!  Last week, the workmen  repaired the drywall, textured and painted the bathroom (and the ceiling in the bedroom - a separate issue from several years ago that we never totally fixed).  Also along the line, the sink in the kitchen started leaking.  What next?  Never ask that!  When they went to replace the toilet, it leaked.  How can you break a toilet?  Whatever!  Ralph spent his lunch hour running to Home Depot and picking up a toilet and plumbing supplies for the sink and running them home so the toilet could be installed.  Finally, we have a toilet AND a sink that doesn't leak.  Now....the bedroom ceiling needs to be painted, and we need the vanity/sink back in the bathroom.  The vanity has to be hand built - it isn't a standard size.  Seriously?  We are still 3-4 weeks out on that project.  Ralph and I looked at granite last weekend for the top, replacing the prior tiles, but then Ralph decided to do more shopping.  Today he wants me to go look at something else.  One of these days, the guest house bathroom will be back in full operation, I know it!  I (and Dawn) are VERY happy that the toilet is back at least.  One step at a time, I guess.

No comments: