Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The headbands were well received, with a request for one more mobius twist done in black.  Not a problem!  I got two more done last night.  It was a good excuse to go yarn shopping - not that I needed a lot of reasons! (or that I really needed more black yarn.)  I found a nice, thick black studded with sequins that worked up in minutes.  (Seriously - after I got in from work and before I had to start dinner.)  The other is a thinner yarn, so it took longer, but.....the yarn is black, shot with multicolored sparkles.  Gorgeous!  And still soft!  I love it!  What else can I make?  I tried some pictures of them, but because they are black, they don't show up well.  Trust me - pretty!!!

Alli had her annual visit with Dr Cooper yesterday - all is well with her eyes.  She is probably slightly more near-sighted than last year, but....she didn't wear her glasses then, she probably won't now either.  Dr C. suggested we try them on her periodically and see if she decides she likes them.  I'm thinking she likes to see the world as a blur - fewer demands on her.  If some of the 'experts' are right, and her she is unable to filter her vision, maybe it being blurry helps.  Who knows??

I got in some work on my fox stole last night.  I have so little to do, I need to just sit down and finish it, really!  One and half legs to crochet, the tip of the tail, and put it all together.  Somehow, I find lots of things to do instead.  I did weave in the ends on half the baby afghan - it looks so good!  I want to work on it too.  Unfortunately, I'm out of time.  Tonight is scouts, and tomorrow night is the book club, and Thursday morning is a birthday at work, so I need to make a cheesecake and something for the potluck either after the book club meeting, or early Thursday morning.  And....I feel like I'm coming down with something - bummer!!!  Maybe it's just allergies?  We'll see.

I'm off to Susanville this weekend, assuming the weather holds, and it should.  It is forecast to stay cold and clear for a while.  I'm on vacation the week following, so I can spend some extra time there, not having to rush back and get the household ready for another week.  I think a trip to Reno is planned with Mom- furniture shopping - again, only if the weather holds.

No comments: