Thursday, January 10, 2013

The annual birthday dip:



Brrrrrrrr!!!  Poor guy - he had a pretty boring birthday - at least until 7:30 last night.  I had a haircut after work, and Alli had one at 6:00, so Dad and I were running around after work, so I wasn't making him a 'special' birthday dinner - that is scheduled for Friday (along with truffles, flour-less chocolate cake and homemade ice cream) so it was a pretty boring day.  He was so bored that while I was cooking dinner, he sharpened all the knives for me.  Two of his friend came over about 7:30, so he was busy busy after that, but.....a boring day up till then!

I got a new commission at work yesterday.  A co-worker is loosing all of her hair - and doesn't know why yet.  (Multiple doctors - no reasons)  I was approached to see if I could make her a hat or something she could wear.  Could I?  Of course - what do you want??  I love making hats - hold still - I'll make one!  I gave her a website (crochetpatterncentral) to go look at hats last night, and then......I came home and made a quick little cloche.


Forgive the model - it was 10:30 at night, bad light in the bathroom, etc.  The hat is cute at least!!


I don't know if this is one that she was thinking of, but if not, it is at least a starting point.  The flower is just pinned on, so she can take it off if she wants, or swap it out with a pin that she does have.  The hat pattern is here: daperfectmix.blogspot.  I'm pretty happy with the hat - and there are so many patterns out there to make!  (Of course, I still need to make bookmarks for book club by Wednesday, etc., but....there's still time!)

No comments: