Friday, January 18, 2013

I made it (almost) through the week!  Another busy one, but mostly self-induced (as usual).  I had my normal scout meeting on Tuesday - with a twist.  I usually drop in early and talk to the adult leaders before they get busy with the boys, and stay for a while for any parents to talk to me when they drop their kids off, and then leave by 7:30 or soi.  This Tuesday, I was talking with one of the Mom's when I went in, and she mentioned how she made phone calls to all the parents....and that was why?   I got a very strange look back - there was a Parent's Meeting scheduled for that night, and she forgot to call me, because I'm not on the "Parent's List" anymore.  She felt bad, I could tell, and......I was already there (even though I had a list of errands to do after the meeting, so I was planning just a short stay) so I stayed - I left  about 8:45, with my list of errands still to run.  I got home about 9:45.  Long day!  

Wednesday night was the book club meeting - a fun time.  I think we spent more time talking about   other stuff than the book, but it was a fun night.  The book marks were well received, though one person decided I should have made a dragon instead of the musical note.  (She was kidding, but, I might try to work up a dragon, just for her.)  I got in from that around 10:00, another long day.  Thursday started off early - baking a cheesecake and making 7 layer-dip for work, as well as getting Alli off to school.  The whole day at work was a fast-paced blur as well.  We've been slow-ish lately - that changed yesterday for me!  I hope to get caught back up today.  I left my desk covered in sticky notes, and was leaving messages on other people's voice mail last night after 5:00.  They will all call me back this morning before I get in, I know.  I might start the day off behind, but....I'm on vacation next week!!

No comments: