Sunday, January 06, 2013

I finally got around to pulling the photos off the camera from New Year's Day - it was a beautiful day - sunny, but cold, with a very brisk wind (see the ripples on the puddle).  Lassen looks so pretty covered in snow!



The dogs did really well staying out of the water, too!  I kept reminding them, and only Koori forgot and went wading.


Jasper really wanted to, though!


What a nice, quiet weekend at my house!  AJ's friends went home (just for a while - I'm sure they'll be back!).  They are all good kids - there just was a lot of them for a while.   I don't care how nice the boys are, you still notice when there is an extra 6 foot + body in the house (or an extra 2 or 3).

Ralph, Alli and I got out yesterday to Palo Cedro to help a friend out cleaning up a rental house (not that Alli and I were a lot of help - we were there more for company, I think!)  Joyce had most of the 'cleaning' done by the time we got there.  The painters were just leaving, so we were 'putting things back together'.  I can still wash windows with the best of them though - not that you can tell by MY house :).  Ralph got the hard labor - putting the light fixtures and fans back up.  They were replacing a couple of fans as well.  He spent most of the day standing on a ladder.  It was a nice chance to visit - we don't see much of Joyce and Jeff anymore - they live down in Dunnigan now.

I pulled out a UFO this weekend.  I pulled out the baby afghan I started quite a while ago.  I had to go look up when I did start it - I didn't remember!  I started it in July - but only did about 10 rows. It is simple - just complex.  Here's what I had done when I put it away last time:


I've got about 30 rows done now - and the next few rows will go quickly - not a lot of color changes.   I learned my lesson about putting it away securely too.  Evidently, I thought I was going right back to it the last time I put it down.  I just dropped stuff in the box I was storing it in, and left it. I had to de-hair some of the balls of yarn.  The afghan was fine - it was stored properly, I just had some of the yarn loose in a box - bad idea around here!  Now, I put it ALL away when I stop - even if it is 'just for a minute'.

I hope to finish up a few more UFO's - the fox stole, a scarf for a co-worker, my quilt, etc.  We'll see how the day goes.

No comments: