Saturday, January 12, 2013

I finally broke down and updated the "About Me" for the blog.  I still had Alli listed as being 14 - oops!  Now that AJ is 20, I had several things to update. I probably should put something more interesting that what is there, but...I seem to be a pretty boring person.

The hat was a hit - and now I want to try some headbands.  I started one, but needed to measure it before I continued - nothing like making a bunch in the wrong size!  I took what I had done in to work yesterday, so now I have the measurements, so I am good to go.  I hope to get a couple done this weekend at least.  That shouldn't be a big problem - I don't have a lot planned for the weekend.  I have my quilting club today - I get to show off my completed quilt top, and.....my new bag!  I started using it as my crochet bag, and I love it - with 6 pockets inside, and a zippered top, it is perfect for a project.  (Of course, I do have another pattern for a different bag, so I could have a new bag for a new project, right???)  One of these days, I need to make a name tag for the club - I should have done one for the last year, but never got around to it.  Maybe this year?  I also need to make up 8 or so bookmarks by Wednesday.  Since I haven't even started them, I think I just found my project for the weekend!

Repairs are slowing coming together.  The HVAC is done - and the house is staying nice and warm.  Ralph talked to our insurance rep, and they are going to cover the cost of having the septic pumped!  Yippee!   That will put a bit more back into the emergency fund.  I think the insurance company still has so stuff to go over with the company doing the repairs, and then.....they will get started.  I can hardly wait to get the guest house back to 'normal'.  I really had hoped to be able to get it cleaned up while I was on vacation, but I kind of think it will take longer than that.  Oh well, it will get done, sooner or later.  I do feel sorry for Dawn having to deal with the chaos out there.

No comments: