Sunday, January 06, 2013

I did it!  I made my bag/purse!  It took me from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. today (with time out for laundry, lunches, a walk, etc.)  It would have taken a lot less time if I had done everything correctly the first time, but....I eventually got it.  If I would just trust the instructions (and read them all the way through) it would help.  I'm used to patterns by Simplicity or McCalls - these are just a bit different.  I told Ralph it was a great learning experience, and I meant it.


The purse uses 4 different fabrics, three different interfaces, and 2 zippers.  It has 8 pockets - 6 inside and 2 outside, one of which is zippered.  And I did it!!!




I took a break from my sewing today, and took AJ and the dogs for a walk - another beautiful day (it rained last night - I was surprised at house pretty it was today).  AJ promised to dry the dogs off for me, so they got to go swimming (except for Tank - I don't think we could get him dry in a week!).  

_
Something about water, boys and rocks.  (If you notice, though - the dogs took off in a different direction than AJ was throwing - he tosses one for them to chase and then throws one for skipping or distance - something he doesn't want the dogs to chase.


This is close-up from the first picture - Koo is beautiful!


Tank just got to watch - poor thing.

No comments: